Happy 4th Of July!
What a great four days we had of just doing family stuff. It was a nice, much needed mini-vacation. Saturday we gathered at bil's house for their annual 4th of July picnic. The two older boys were water rats as usual and wouldn't get out of the pool. I thought they were going to end up being prunes from being in the water so long. The evening ended with a firework display that was halted after a few bum fireworks went off incorrectly and kept us on our toes. Sunday, we went for breakfast and met with Ms. Ellen again who gathered up a whole bunch of reading material for me to use with Owen. The kids played in the kiddie pool on the deck when we came home and then we watched the Pink Panther later that evening. Monday, was more kiddie pool time and I washed all the screens in the kitchen and windows and curtains in there as well. I also vinegar and water washed the floors in the bathroom and kitchen. I tried using some recipe I found for cleaner, 1 quart water mixed with 1/4 cup vinegar and 2 tbsp. dish soap (I changed this to 1 tbsp. because it seemed to soapy.) I have every cleaner known to man and have to admit that the vinegar mixture did a fantastic job on my floors and it didn't make my house smell like a salad which is what I worried about!
Tuesday, my sister and I took the kids to the beach for a couple of hours. Here are some pics from the beach. It took Andrew a while to warm up the going in the water but the other were in right away and Owen even attempted to swim under water.

2 Comments:
Sounds like you had a great weekend!
Were you setting off the fireworks, or was it a public one?
Ooooh, I'll have to try your cleaner recipe! Looks like the boys had fun!!
Post a Comment
<< Home