Someone has a case of the Mondays!!!!!
Yupp, I admit it-I hate Mondays and I especially hate Mondays when an hour of sleep was ripped away from me the day before!! What a weekend we had. I guess I'll make a list because all the blogs I read today have lists so I figure I'll give it a try.
1. Friday sucked big monkey balls!!!! I usually never talk like that but it could have quite possibly been one of the worst days of my life. It was a beautiful day so we put the dogs out to get some fresh air. Jeff went to let them in and started hollering for me to come and get Brewser. When I got to the pen there was Nikita laying on the ground unable to get up. Nikita is our first "baby". We had her before any of the kids. Apparently, somehow she had managed to get her paw stuck in her collar and had stressed herself out and may have had a seizure. Of course, when we need the cordless phone to work to call the emergency vet it wouldn't. Finally, Jeff rushed her to the vet where she had yet another seizure. Things were not looking good at all and the boys were a wreck. They said they would do anything if Nik would just be okay. My heart was breaking for them. Jeff called with updates and I felt horrible that he was in this situation alone having to make all the decisions. We had decided that she is too good of a dog for us to let her suffer so we asked the vet to let us know if she is in any pain at all. The vet said she isn't in pain and is actually sitting up on her own. The vet wanted to run all sorts of tests and catscans and all that but we said we just wanted to stabilize her and see where things go from there. She is an older dog and honestly if they did tests and found something we wouldn't want to put her through the trauma of surgery-we would just want her to live out her doggie life the best she could. We were told to check back in on her in the morning. IT WAS THE LONGEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. Poor Brewser kept looking for her all night. Finally 8:00 am came and we called for a report on her. They said they had just walked her and she would be able to come home later that day!!!!! YAY!!!! She needs to take it easy for the next 4-6 weeks but all in all she is back to her normal self. I never want to have to go through that heartbreak again for my children or myself. I know that Nikita and Brewser won't live forever but my wish is for them that when their time does come that they go to that doggie heaven in the sky peacefully in their sleep.
2. Everything felt right with our whole family back home Saturday night.;)
3. Sunday we missed church because with everything going on Mom forget to set the clocks ahead. However, I was productive and vacuumed under the couches getting prepared for ant season. Yes, I did find a piece of chicken nugget and some popcorn under them. I also raked and weeded a flower bed and put down new mulch. I also planted some pansies in another bed. I just hope they last. It was really cold this morning.
4. Everyone is out of the office until the end of the week so it is really quiet here today. Bring it on week....I'm ready.

3 Comments:
Hugs!
Glad Nikita is back home where she belongs!!
Wow what a weekend for you guys! I am glads Niki is safe and feeling better! *HUGS*
Post a Comment
<< Home